Pure gorgeousness from the Sergio Rossi Spring Summer 2013 collection, currently on sale at Moda Operandi. Having major shoe love at first sight: “hello beauties, step into my closet!”
Mrs. Châtelaine brings the catwalk to you! Join front row guests Dita von Teese, Louis-Marie de Castelbajac, Bryanboy, and ballerina Marie-Agnes Gillot, at Alexis Mabille’s gorgeous Spring Summer 2012 collection shown over the weekend during Paris Fashion Week.
Mabille was inspired by the Italian classic movie, “The Gardens of the Finzi Contini,” dressing models as fearless, flirty girls, to uninhibited worldly women. Chic.
In awe of the serious arm candy in the new displays at Corto Moltedo. Images from the cocktail last night at his fab boutique in the Palais Royal. Credit card, be warned!
Corto Moltedo, 146-148 galerie de Valois, Palais Royal, Paris, 75001. Tel. + 33 1 49 27 97 91
Images © Mrs. Châtelaine
Dreaming of Sergio Rossi’s Black fishnet and patent leather Camouflage pump from their Fall Winter 2011/2012 collection. I think the fishnet gives a little bit of edge to what is a classically good-looking shoe. Someone like Kate Middleton (sorry: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge) should go for a shoe like this: it’s a wardrobe staple but still allows you have to have fun and show a little personality.
What do you think? xox
Yesterday’s press visit to the Peggy Sage press day at the Hôtel George V has inspired to me to make this a beauty post type of day. First of all about the nails! Peggy Sage is an American brand that was brought to France and is sold to salons and other beauty professionals. They have a super selection of colors — I had fun choosing this sparkly sort of Burgundy color to wear home. They also have a corrector stick that is amazing! Perfect for erasing any nail polish mistakes in seconds.
Now to my make up bag! Most of these I discovered during the summer when I was choosing my makeup for our wedding. I went to lots of different beauty brands and tried out lots of different products. Here are my faves of the moment:
From L to R
1. Chanel VitaLumière Aqua Teint Parfait Effet Seconde-Peau (Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup) with SPF15 — I love this foundation because it goes on light. You don’t even feel like you’re wearing foundation! I use this whenever I have an evening event, especially if cameras are around, it photographs really well.
2. Chanel Les 4 Ombres, Ombres à Paupières Quatuor (Quadra Eye Shadow) — I’m very attracted to purple-ish hues for eyeshadows. This one is perfection.
3. By Terry, Teint Terrybly, Ultimate Beige — I use this powder all over when I’m just using a little bit of cover up and no foundation. It really absorbs any oils really well and I love By Terry products, everything smells so divine!
4. By Terry, Blush Terrybly, Beach Bomb — This blush gives a very fine and beautiful girlish blush. It looks ultra natural as well, which is why I’m a fan.
5. Chanel Le Crayon Yeux, Precision Eye Definer, Black — I don’t like to wear a lot of things on my eyes. I use to use a liquid liner from Chanel religiously, which gives a very polished look, but at the moment I prefer looking more natural, so I use this just to give my eyes the tiniest bit of oomph.
6. Chanel Éclat Lumière, Style Embellisseur de Teint (Highlighter Face Pen) — I use this to cover up every day imperfections. My skin has the tendency to go red around my nose and under my mouth, so this product gives a beautiful lightness and mixes really well.
7. By Terry Hyaluronic Eye Primer, Base Nude Contour Yeux & Paupières Combleur Intégral Extra-Tenseur (Lifting Brightener Eyelid & Contour Perfecting Filler) — I swear by this product. It’s only for eyes and goes on nice and cool to help with any puffiness. I always have darkness under my eyes and this covers so naturally and stays put for hours. It’s my miracle product.
8. Maybelline Great Last Waterproof Mascara — An oldie but a goodie. I honestly prefer Waterproof mascara because it rains so often in Paris and I’m scared to get raccoon eyes after a big storm.
9. Giorgio Armani Base Lissante Perfection (Fluid Master Primer) — I love this primer. Everything stays put with this. Also lasts for hours and hours and goes on very smoothly.
10. Giorgio Armani Lip Stick Rouge d’Armani — funny that the Rouge d’Armani should actually be very nude. I love this nude lip stick as it gives just a bit of sensuality to your lips and stays in place for hours as well. Goes on so smoothly as well. Beautiful hydrating feeling on the lips.
11. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine — this is the same lipstick used on Vanessa Paradis for her new Chanel ads. It’s a very natural pink which gives a very plump glimmer to your lips. I’m crazy for natural lips and this is one of my favorite lipsticks of the moment.
So there you go! What are the hidden treasures in your makeup bag? Do tell!! xox
I love a Spring Summer collection that actually looks ready for Spring Summer! Meaning something fresh, light, and above all, feminine. Erdem Moralioglu’s Spring Summer 2012 collection, presented on Monday during London Fashion Week, is for me, just pure perfection. I can picture Grace Kelly wearing some of these dresses in Monaco, circa Alfred Hitchcock’s To Catch A Thief. In recent years Erdem has become quite a fashion favorite: Anna Wintour wore a jacket by him at the Nicole Farhi show in London and even Anna Dello Russo tweeted excitedly on Monday morning, “#LFW I’m going to ERDEM Fashion Show!”
In fact, Erdem almost designed my wedding dress! He was one of the first people I contacted when I got engaged, he was available, but he was also working on a few other bride’s dresses and because his schedule was very tight for fittings, I decided in the end to stay with a designer based in Paris. Even though I was over the moon about my dress in the end, I think I will always imagine “what if,” especially when I view a collection like this! ♥♥♥♥ Erdem…
Images via Style.com
Richard Ogden Edwardian enamelled diamond brooch, 5,800
Richard Ogden Edwardian style sapphire ring, 6,300
Richard Ogden Art Deco diamond bracelet, 30,000
Richard Ogden Edwardian chandelier pearl earrings, 4,800
Yesterday’s post with images from Jason Wu’s Spring Summer collection had me daydreaming first of fabulous frocks and then to coordinating equally fabulous jewelry! Whenever I need a pick-me-up of “pretend” online shopping, I head to the website for Richard Ogden, a fourth-generation family jewelry shop located in the historic Burlington Arcade in London. They have the most impressive selection of pieces — everything from truly important historic items to more modern objects (of pure-desire).
When you’re next in London, their boutique is a must visit! Ask for Richard or his Swiss-born wife, Silvia.
Richard Ogden, 28 Burlington Arcade, London, W1J 0NX.
Tel. +44 (0) 20 7493 9136